This week has been wonderful! Syster Schneiber and I have worked hard saw many miracles from it. This week we didn't receive 5 investigators but we planted many seeds. We received 8 phone numbers from just the people we talked to on the way. How amazing! I feel like my courage and faith have grown so so much being with Syster Schneiber. I honestly feel so blessed everyday for the things we get to experience. One fun thing was we found people in other areas and now get to introduce them to other missionaries. Its funny we meet people that want to meet but then you say you're from another area and they don't want to meet with other missionaries. I don't understand it really. Its all the same message just a different person haha. So now we have a few people we need to transfer over. Agh I love love the work so much. I hope to keep up the attitude through out the mission and life.
BTW mom I love my watch you got me for my birthday. It rocks. I really needed one. Its small and black. Goes with everything! I bought something this last week with my money also.. I got Manal a skirt for church. She doesn't have any dresses or skirts so she has been borrowing mine. So I went and got her a black pencil skirt. Goes with everything. Its great! She loved it. I seriously love gift giving. The best part about being a missionary is you have a gift for every person you meet.
So the weather was pretty cold this week. Not sure what happened, but I think the weather man was angry. It was either rainy, snowy, or super windy all week long. We were lucky enough to not have any snow on saturday though which is when they celebrate easter here. Here its called Påsk. So if you were to say like happy easter you would say glad påsk! Påsk here is interesting too. Little kids dress up like old people, called påsk gubbe. Then they can go around to homes like they do for halloween and say glad påsk and get candy. Super cute. Gubbe just means old man but people call there kids that like, "oh you cutie!" Instead you say hey gubbe! Interesting stuff. Fun story.. on Friday a father asked his daughter, "who is this?" She is looking at a magazine that has Christ on the front and she answered, "en gubbe!" Man that was cute!
So the ward here planned an activity for Påsk and it went absolutely awesome. There were so many non members there. I loved it. On thurday before it we went out with the young women and young men. Their leader challenged them to pass out 10 invitations each. To like "contact" 10 people each. It went awesome. The second door we knocked on was like yes we'll come and come in. haha I was like we don't have time now but how bout saturday. Now we have a new investigator that lives across the street from the church. How nice is that.. just about as nice as Manal right in your basement!! Cool thing there too. The new investigator and Manal know each other. I love her so so much. The activity ended with a huge bon fire. Its comes from the tradition of Påsk, but basically its so that the witches don't land. So they light fires. People came from all over!
Manal made us dinner yesterday. Loved it! It was peanut putter chicken and super yummy. She also taught us how to make a dessert that comes from Lebanon. Its like cooked milk and bread with pistachio nuts. The first time I tasted it I wasn't sure about it. It is kind of a acquired taste. Its good though. Hopefully I can go home and make it someday for you.
Love Syster Sprague
No comments:
Post a Comment