Monday, January 9, 2012

Transfers!!! Tons is goin down

Nära och Kära

We got transfer calls on Saturday!! Its amazing how much the mission changes from all the transfers. I am so excited for transfers. Changes help get the ball rolling again. Not that I could ever see the ball stop here. When the President called he went on and on about what the districts will be like and how areas are changing. S.Juker is going to Jönköping and she will go senior to S.Schnieber. S.Jenson is going to Gävle with S.Winterton. Right before he got off I was like.. so does this mean Syster Sprague isn't moving? Ha ha he is funny. So yes I am staying Västra Frölunda. My companions will be S.Ridl who I was in the MTC with. So cool. Then our senior companion will be S.Mackey. I love her. She was in Lund when I was in Halmstad. So we have already been in the same district. Crazyness!! Our district here in Västra Frölunda shurnk a ton now! We lost Kungsbacka and the senior couple that runs the center, Andersons. Now our district is only the Västra Frölunda Elders and Systers. Just us 5. We already go to church together and share dinners and everything. Now our little family has been all split up. Its cool though. E.Nelson is now the district leader and E.Deleeuw is going to be a zone leader. 

What a week. We spent almost everyday on splits with the YSA. They had time because of the school break and they are always willing to help out with missionary work. The YSA here are so so amazing! I will be sad when I have to leave them. I'm happy to continue being here to keep the relationships that we have built. Both Mette and Maria this week decided they want to serve missions. We are so happy for them. Even if they don't they are already fulfilling their responsibility as member missionaries. I would say they go way over that too. They bring their friends to be taught and show them the way our lives should be lived. They are true followers of Christ. I'm so thankful to watch them grow and see how fast that change happens when you accept the gospel in your life. Maria was in-active 3 months ago and she has now already gone back to the temple. I LOVE the gospel of Christ and I love the chance to share it with Gods children. There isn't anyone he loves less than another and I know he wants ALL to know of truth and the happiness he can offer.

This week we got closer to Tony's baptism. He really understands the gospel and has accepted into his life. The only problem is he hasn't come to church in like a month because he is always away for the weekends. We hope to teach him tonight and talk more about the importance of church. On Thursday the Kungsbacka Elders taught district meeting and they used a talk called "Finding your Goliath." It was super good! I feel like the more we have learned about Tony the more I can see why he such a humble person. He has faced some ugly Goliaths. The thing is though.. They only make us stronger and better people. I know they are hard to face at first, but if done right you can always look back and see their importance and maybe even why they were needed. Many times we go through things to not only be strong ourselves for the future, but for the people that come into our lives that we influence. 

Erik was in a bad car accident like 3 weeks back. He has had quite a few surgery's so far and is doing much better. He is actually getting to go home today. He will be in a wheel chair for probably a year, but he has taken his situation for the best. It has been amazing to see his faith grow. He is doing all he can to get back to church. He lives super close to us. We may push him some weeks. :)

GUESS WHAT!!! IT'S SNOWING!!! This is a first here in Göteborg. YAY!!! Oh and during the time that S.Jenson and S.Juker have been with me we have taken 1119 pictures just on S.Jukers camera. That is insane!!! But we also had 4 holidays. I try to remind myself that. Oh and Juker takes pictures of EVERYTHING. I love her.

Love Syster Sprague  

No comments:

Post a Comment